The PSE Foundation is proud to match charitable contributions and volunteer hours donated by current employees and retirees of Puget Sound Energy to eligible 501C3 nonprofit organizations.
Current matching rates:
- Donations are currently matched up to $500 per year at $.50 for every $1 donated and requires a minimum match total of $25 ($50 personal donation).
- Volunteer hours are currently matched up to $500 per year at $12.50 per hour served and requires a minimum match of $25 (2 hours volunteered).
Steps to request a match:
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to begin your application for a volunteer or donation match
- Review the program guidelines within the application portal and hit start to begin
- From the drop-down, select if you are requesting a volunteer or donation match
- Fill out your information
- Fill out the nonprofit organization’s information
- Fill out your gift information:
- Donation: Amount you donated, date of gift and match requested
- Volunteer: Number of hours you volunteered, date of service and match requested
- Upload confirmations:
- Donation: Submit receipts or confirmation of your contribution
- Volunteer: Submit validation form or written confirmation from the nonprofit of your participation
- Digitally certify your request and hit submit
Nonprofit must have an active 501(C)3 IRS charitable designation and serve the people of PSE’s service and facility areas (Columbia, Cowlitz, Garfield, Island, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lewis, Pierce, Snohomish, Skagit, Thurston, and Whatcom counties) without discrimination.
At this time, PSE Foundation does not fund grants to individual K-12 schools, youth groups, teams or clubs (example: youth soccer club organizations may qualify but match cannot be directed to an individual team); religious or political organizations unless charitable serving the public (such as a food bank); grants that benefit an individual or specific family; Grants for fundraisers or event sponsorship. Matches for in-kind donations or auctions.